Serves: makes about 4 dozen White Chocolate Chip cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, just softened to room temp (not melty)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 TB vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp table salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 12 ounces real white chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on lower middle position. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In bowl of stand mixer using paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes on medium high. Add eggs 1 at a time and blend just until incorporated. Add vanilla and almond extracts, mixing just until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Gently combine together the flour mixture with the butter/sugar mixture until fully mixed.
- Fold in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts, until evenly mixed in.
- Make walnut sized balls and flatten a bit (these cookies do not flatten too much during baking.)
- Bake for 10 minutes, or just until bottoms of cookies are light golden brown. Cookies may seem soft and underdone, but they will set upon cooling.
- Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet and use flat spatula to transfer them onto cooling rack.
White chocolate chip cookies recipe
Yield: 3 dozen
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder*
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
8 Tbsp butter, at room temperature
6 Tbsp all vegetable shortening, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 1/2 tsp white vinegar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp red food coloring
1 1/3 cups White Chocolate Chip cookies, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch,
- Baking soda and salt, set aside. Add butter, shortening and sugar to the bowl of an electric
- Stand mixer and mix on medium speed until very pale and fluffy about 4 minutes. Add egg and
- Egg yolk and mix until combine. Add vinegar, vanilla and food coloring and mix until well
- Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix just until combine. Mix in 1/2 cup white
- Chocolate chips. Scoop dough out by the heaping tables poonfuls (about 1 1/2 Tbsp) and roll into
- Balls and place on buttered or Silpat lined cookie sheets. Gently press about 6 white chocolate
- chips into the top of each cookie, being careful not to flatten the cookies (if you do flatten them a
- bit just reshape them to the height they had before adding the chips) and bake in preheated
- Oven 8 – 9 minutes. Allow to cool several minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a wire
- Rack to cool. Store cookies in an airtight container.
- *If you want a more chocolaty cookie you could replace 1 – 2 Tbsp flour with an additional 1 -2
- Tbsp cocoa, the red just won’t be quite as vibrant. Or, you could replace the white chocolate
- Chips with chocolate chips.
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy